Sunday, November 16, 2008

Nov.16th

Tomorrow marks the 2 week anniversary of Emma's surgery and she is doing wonderfully well. She is up and about and even went to church today. She does get tired if she is up too long. Tomorrow is a half day on school in our homeschool program and she will go for the first time since her surgery. I will go with her both to protect her from bumps and injury and also in case she gets too tired and needs to come home early.
On Friday we made a treck to Children's and Emma had her staples removed. She did really well. She blew bubbles, which may sound like a babyish thing to do but it gives her something to concentrate on and help to take deep breaths which helps her relax. It's a great strategy that I recommend for any undesirable procedures. I will use it next time one of my children needs a sliver removed. Her wounds are healing and looking better each day. I can't believe how brave she has been. All the grace of God, I know. We got to have a look at her xray while we were there and I have to say that she has some pretty incredible hardwear in there. She will not be going back to see the surgeon again until Dec.16 if all continues to go well. Thanks again to everyone who has been praying for Emma and our family.

No comments: