Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Six Days and Counting

Well, here we are only six days from Emma's surgery. The Lord seems to be asking me if I trust him. I mean really trust him. I have been under the weather for a week now and today Isaiah came home early from school sick. Emma needs to be healthy in order to have her surgery and right now she is. So, we are praying that she will stay that way until surgery day. But even if she doesn't, I have peace that the Lord is in control of all of this and if her sugery is delayed for any reason, this is all part of His plan too. I do feel that I can rest in this fact and it has given me much peace.
On Thursday this week we are to spend the whole dy at Children's to prepare for the surgery. Emma will be seeing her two surgeons,the anestitist(sp) , and her ICU nurse. She will have blood work done, and several other tests. We will be taken on a tour of the ICU, and the ward where she will be afterwards. They said to expect a full day there. I hope that my voice is back by then so that I can do some advocating on Emma's behalf. This is our chance to ask a lot of questions.
I'm sure it will be an exhausting but informative day.
I will probably make another post after Thursday's adventure and then I will try to keep this blog updated daily once Emma has her surgery. So, you'll probably get the greatest amount of info here. Also, many of you have asked if Emma is able to have visitors. I think she can after she is out of ICU.(Maybe by Wednesday) But, I am suggesting that people call the hospital to ask if she is able to have visitors or else check the blog. I don't know if Keith or I will be available to take calls.
We so appreciate having such good friends and family. Especially during a time like this. Thank you so much for your prayers, help, support and love. God bless each of you.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I hope your visit at the hospital tomorrow will be helpful to prepare you all for what is ahead. Thank you for blogging and letting us all know how we can pray.

Kristi-Anna said...

Thanks for the birthday wishes yesterday!!

I just wanted to let you know that we are still praying for Emma and the rest of you as S-day rapidly approaches!! You are an amazing woman, Corinna... God is certainly blessing you through all of this!!